October 21, 2014
The other night, Tom and I were talking about a great podcast I’ve just recently discovered. It’s called Desert Island Discs. Currently hosted by Kirsty Young, it’s an interview program where each guest is asked which eight songs/pieces of music would be the soundtrack of his or her life. It’s fascinating and wonderFULL!
So we to tried to list our eight songs/pieces of music, off the top of our heads – agreeing that the list might change, often. It was tougher than I thought. I’ve even changed my mind on a couple of the ones I first picked.
Here’s my list (in no particular order):
- Unforgettable – written by Irving Gordan, performed by Nat King Cole
- I Will Not Be Broken – written and performed by Bonnie Raitt
- The Water is Wide – an English folk song, performed by Emmylou Harris
- Circle Game – written and performed by Joni Mitchell
- Secret o’ Life – written and performed by James Taylor
- At Last - written by Mack Gordon & Harry Warren, performed by Etta James
- Oye Como Va – written by Tito Puente, performed by Santana
- Tapestry - written and performed by Carole King
What’s your soundtrack-of-eight? Links aren’t necessary, but if you feel like adding them – go for it.