Mom just broke her hip and wrist. Bless her 84 year old bones and heart.
Brokenness is a profound teacher.
And we’re all broken.
So we might as well roll with it (pardon the pun).
As someone who lives with a chronic disease in her body, here’s what I’ve learned from brokenness –
1. Brokenness reminds me that life is finite. So paying attention to the small joys is essential.
2. Brokenness helps me bend in ways I never knew I could. So I get to learn – when I’m ready.
3. Brokenness is universal. So I get to look at people with new “I wonder how you’re broken?” and “How may I help you?” eyes.
4. Brokenness makes trying to be perfect a moot point. What a relief!
5. Brokenness reminds me that I’m not alone. So asking for help becomes the gift that keeps on giving.
6. Brokenness can boost creativity. I get to shift away from “this is how I’ve always done ___”.
7. Brokenness helps me notice when I submit to the big butt syndrome. Whining doesn’t heal. Healing heals. I get to choose.
What has brokenness taught you lately?