My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. And I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. See ya ’round!
158. Tom reminding me to breathe, as he held my hand, made eVeRyThInG better.
159. Good nurses and caregivers should be sainted or given dream vacation tickets – their choice.
160. A bad day is just a bad day – not a bad ever-after.
161. The advice I’ve given so many to, “be the daughter/son/spouse/sibling/etc – not the caregiver” is VERY hard to follow, when MY mom is involved. 😉
162. I’m learning.
163. Bidden or not bidden – God is present. I think Carl Jung said that first, but I’ve noticed it A LOT this week.
164. As I miss and celebrate the life of my childhood friend, Michele Stockman Greb, I notice that she didn’t ‘lose her battle against cancer.’ She kicked cancer’s butt for years and taught us much in the process. Deep and humble thanks, Shelley. You were and are a Force of Nature.
165. I knew I’d made The Right Choice about Mom’s ongoing health care plan, when her caregiver and I were tucking her into bed that first night after bringing her home from the hospital, Mom said, “I love you for taking such good care of me. Now get the hell out of my room.”
166. Flowers really do help.
167. So do cards.
168. Everyone has a story and most want to share it.
169. I don’t need to invite everyone to share their story with me.
170. Baby monitors (especially those loaned with uber love) work great with humans who aren’t babies, too.
171. Mom took four baby steps with her new, tricked-out walker in Wednesday PT and walked twelve feet with her walker in Friday PT!
172. It’s amazing how rejuvenating a box o’Chinese food, a hug from a nephew and snuggling with Bloss can be.
173. GodFriends, SoulSisters, and SoulBrothers ROCK.
174. Mom calling me on the phone – priceless.
175. I love it when rain coincides with my Do Nothing for the Day plan.
176. The inside of the lampshade next to me is dusty. Thanks to MANY dear Facebook friends, I added that chore to my Things To Do Another Day list.
177. This article about Holding Space speaks to me so powerfully these days.
What did you notice this week?