My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. And I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. I look forward to knowing what you’ve Noticed, too!
249. Strawberry crepes from IHOP make Mom as happy as anything from any ‘fancier’ restaurant.
250. Leaving Mom at her new.to.us assisted living apartment felt a lot like leaving a child at school for the first time.
251. The reality of mortality is contagious.
252. In the midst of riots, natural disasters and political silliness – humans can still be kind.
253. The scent of fresh tar (or whatever new roads are made of these days) makes me smile.
254. Vulnerability is transforming.
255. It seems that birds sing louder and earlier in Spring.
256. Sewing for Tom makes me feel needed.
257. Hearing the USMC Band brings me to grateFULL tears.
258. Playing The Flashlight Game with Bloss delights us both.
259. No matter how many awards Tom wins with his ’34 Chevy, he received his alltime favorite one on Saturday (it was a special award given by a family, in honor of their late father, who also LOVED cars).
260. This method of separating egg yolks has made my life SO MUCH easier!
261. Atlantic Beach Pie is SO worth The WW Points.
What have you noticed this week?