My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. I look forward to knowing what you’ve Noticed, too!
357. Tom and I spotted 20 broken down vehicles en route to The Hills.
358. We also (grateFULLy) spotted countless flags at half-mast.
359. Even though I know/feel how much I need this vacation, it’s tough to tell Mom I won’t be seeing her this week.
360. NOTE TO SELF: Guilt and the delusion that my presence can change a thing are both wasted energy.
361. Looking for a White Squirrel in Brevard helped me better understand all those people cruising around LKW looking for gators.
362. There is a sparrow inside the Brevard Ingles. Yes.way.
363. There are so many awesome waterfalls in North Carolina. Whitewater Falls is my fav, so far.
364. That heat wave happening at home – it’s in the hills, too!
365. Those kool tie thingies really help. They don’t change the world, but they help.
366. I spotted the perfect yellow rose in a wildflower garden the day after I heard about the death of my dear friend Marjorie. That rose stood out and added grace to that garden – just like Marjorie did to ours.
367. I’m following the 78th General Convention of the Episcopal Church with great hope. Yes.I.Am.
368. I got to see a perfectly woven spider web that was at least a yard across.
369. The staff at DuPont State Park go out of their way to not only accommodate those with physical challenges. They make it seems like it’s NOT going out of their way one.single.bit.
370. A steady thunder/rain/hail storm brought the temps down 20 degrees in less than an hour.
371. Bishop Michael Curry – Presiding Bishop Elect of the Episcopal Church = YES!
372. Lightening Bugs!
What have you noticed this week?